Hair Care Interesting Fun Facts
Posted on September 15 2016
I am back ladies, for another weekly update about our favorite topic, food! Kidding… hair care! I know, contain your excitement. But really, I love talking about hair and informing our followers because I too am able to educate myself, along with all of you, on hair tips and what works best. After all, all a gal really wants in this life is to be happy. Good hair=Happiness. I am here to make you happy.
This week, Novex is switching it up a bit. Usually we talk about the damaging effects to hair and we look for ways to problem solve. This week, we looked into some interesting facts about hair that most of us don’t know. All hair is unique in its own way; from styling, texture, color, length, the list goes on. Hair is art, no matter what basic guy tries to tell you it’s not, don’t listen to him. Listen to me, because I have some fun facts that may make you say “o0o0oh”. That basic guy doesn’t have those particular skills…..
- Hair can grow at just about any part of your body except for a few places that would make us very animalistic if it were possible; palms of your hands, the soles of your feet, on your lips and mucous membranes. I’d assume we’d still be somewhere between the evolution process of homo sapiens and human if this were the case.
- You know how sometimes it looks like a wild animal just took a shower at your place when realistically it’s just after your normal hair cleanse? That’s because we normally shed between 40-150 strands of hair a day. Unfortunately, we get to witness all of it in our drain. My poor boyfriend….
- Speaking of my poor boyfriend, he knows more than anyone how long it takes me to style my hair to the most prestige perfection. By the time a woman reaches 65 years old, she will have spent 7 months of her life doing her hair. I personally find that rather small but hey, I salute the ladies that are in and out.
- The average human has 100,000-150,000 strands of hair on her head. Now if we can convert that into U.S. dollars, that’d be just fabulous.
- Forensic scientists can tell a lot about a human’s bloodstream through their hair. They can find any usage of medicine, drugs, alcohol, vitamins and minerals. * Cough… remember when Britney Spears shaved her head*
- Gender can never be identified with your hair. Although I’m convinced by now that men are from another planet, which would mean they are aliens, they still have the same identical hair structure as us angelic females do.
- 90% of our hair is growing at any time while the 10% sits back and chills. It actually grows faster in warm weather because heat can stimulate circulation and encourage growth. So if you want longer hair, basically take a trip to the Caribbean.
- 90% of Japanese people and 80% of North Americans wash their hair twice a day. 25% Europeans wash their hair daily. Janine washes her hair twice a week. And I must say my hair is mighty long and strong.
- All of your hair is dead, yup, done, died… except for the hair inside the epidermis of your scalp of course.
- Goosebumps are the result of hair follicles contracting, which causes the hair and surrounding skin to bunch up.
- Black is the most common hair color while red is the rarest, holding only 1% of the world’s population. Blonde hair can be found on 2%, and when I say Blonde, I mean the natural ones.
- Okay, this last one is a dare. Each strand of hair is so strong, it can support up to 100 grams in weight. If you multiply that by 100,000 to 150,000 strands on each head, your entire head of hair can hold the weight of two elephants.
I can go on forever with this but for now I’m going to go find two elephants. Comment below more interesting facts you have! Find which Novex is ideal for your hair.